Entertainment,Political And Lifestyle News Website. We Provide You With The Latest Breaking News, Gossip And Videos Straight From The Industry.

Total Pageviews

PropellerAds

From cleaner to accountant: Victor Sakwa’s motivating story

Victor Sakwa


In an era where greed, corruption and selfishness have become the norm, Victor Sakwa’s story stands out as a glimmer of hope, especially to the youth.
Most people think that you have to bribe, sleep around or be connected to get a job.
That is not always the case as today Victor is a thriving accountant at Palbina Travel through his hard work, prayers and the generosity of a stranger earned him an opportunity.


Victor Sakwa
The village boy from Kakamega County found himself in an impossible situation when he was kicked out of his home due to a family dispute.
Just a few months before he was scheduled to join form four, he was forced to fend for himself in the unforgiving slums of Dandora.

Sometimes the people you expect to help you can really disappoint you.

I always thought that those close to me would support me and help me grow, but my true salvation came from a complete stranger.

Alone, desperate and out of options he reached out to a classmate who after convincing their parents who took him in, but with a family to fend for and pilling bills, the welcome soon became a burden.


After staying there for while his host sought a children’s home where Victor could seek refuge. They took him to Villar Tech children’s home where he stayed till he sat his form four exams. He said:

One day a team from Palbina Travel came to visit us and though we really appreciated the food and love they realized it was not enough.

So they gave me a job as a cleaner and offered to pay for my education.

I didn’t have bus fare or official clothes when I started working there, they had to give me an advance in my first month.

They didn’t ask me for anything or look at my tribe, religion or political convictions they just gave me an opportunity.

An aerial view of Palbina Travel hotel
An aerial view of Palbina Travel hotel
Currently taking CPA section 6 the ambitious accountant hopes to be a Chief Finance Officer (CFO) one day.
He dreams of a Kenya where hard-working youth are given an opportunity to thrive, but with all the corruption we see in our headlines only time will tell whether his dream will ever come true.

We had gone to Villa Tech Children’s Home Dandora on a routine visit to just donate food stuffs and assist. But when I was there I  realized that there were kids there that had finished school but they didn’t have any opportunities.

It just hit me that feeding them for a day would only take them so far. Without an opportunity to go to college or get good jobs these kids are stuck in a circle of poverty.

Palbina Travel Limited Mubeen C.Rana says that Victor was picked because he was the best performing student at the children’s home.

We just wanted to encourage the others that hard work pays. It’s not rocket science.

I just wish more organization could reach out to the vulnerable youth and see how they can give them a lasting solution.

PropellerAds
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-101756261-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');