Entertainment,Political And Lifestyle News Website. We Provide You With The Latest Breaking News, Gossip And Videos Straight From The Industry.

Total Pageviews

PropellerAds

Genius: Meet 10-year-old girl studying maths in college




A 10-year-old girl enrolled to college to pursue her undergraduate in maths.
Despite her young age, British-Nigerian youngster Esther Okade from Walsall, in the UK's West Midlands region  topped of her class.
According to CNN, Esther, who enrolled at UK-based distance learning college the Open University in scored 100% in an exam shortly after joining the institution.
"It's so interesting. It has the type of maths I love. It's real maths; theories, complex numbers, all that type of stuff. It was super easy. My mum taught me in a nice way," she told CNN.
Refusing school
Esther’s mother noticed her daughter’s love for numbers shortly after starting home-schooling her at the age of three.
Initially, she had been enrolled in a private school but after a few weeks, her parents noticed a change in her behaviour.

"One day we were coming back home and she burst out in tears and she said 'I don't ever want to go back to that school; they don't even let me talk!” said her mother, Efe.
By age four, Esther was tackling algebra and quadratic equations.
Esther Okade Photo: Courtesy.
Esther further dispelled any thoughts that her parents pushed her to start university early, pointing out that she had wanted to enrol for her degree even earlier.
"I actually wanted to start when I was seven. But my mum was like, "you're too young, calm down."
Plans for PhD, book
"I want to (finish the course) in two years. Then I'm going to do my PhD in financial maths when I'm 13.
“I want to have my own bank by the time I'm 15 because I like numbers and I like people and banking is a great way to help people,” she said.
Esther is also writing a series of math books for children titled 'Yummy Yummy Algebra.'
Esther Okade Photo: Courtesy.
"It starts at a beginner level; that's volume one. But then there will be volume two, and volume three, and then volume four. But I've only written the first one.
"As long as you can add or subtract, you'll be able to do it. I want to show other children they are special," she concluded.
PropellerAds
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-101756261-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');