Entertainment,Political And Lifestyle News Website. We Provide You With The Latest Breaking News, Gossip And Videos Straight From The Industry.

Total Pageviews

PropellerAds

Vanessa Mdee Barred From Entering An Office For Wearing A Mini-Skirt

vanessa mdee


Tanzanian songbird Vanessa Mdee was unhappy on Monday after she was blocked from making her way into a public corporate building.
The “Wet” crooner took the rant to social media where she has a huge following of over 370 thousand followers on Twitter alone.
“Only in Tanzania is my skirt which is at my knees too short to enter a public corporate building. This is incredible,” she said in one of her posts.
Some of her followers thought she dresses inappropriately which caused her to talk about the society objectifying women.
“Sawa mimi mnasema navaa vibaya, poa. Lakini how do you explain all the other cases and women responding to this post. Kuna tatizo. Na halipo kwenye mavazi. Lipo kwenye treatment based on objectifying the woman,” Ms Mdee said.
I another post, she noted that she was asked to wrap herself up with a ‘kanga’ before the person she was meeting told off the guards.
Here are thoughts from her followers:
Only in Tanzania is my skirt which is at my knees too short to enter a public corporate building. This is incredible
The situation in TZ is messy and unacceptable for a country nick named Bongo not many are using it!
Only in Tanzania is my skirt which is at my knees too short to enter a public corporate building. This is incredible
I went through the same saga when my trouser suit was tight and wait for this one that was in private sector where the lady said to me my dress was too short and she won’t let me enter the building! I wish as some women we could take time to not label fellow women!
Since President John Magufuli took office, he has tried to streamline the media and monitor celebrities.

Only recently was Wema Sepetu banned from taking up any projects in the industry after she put out a video on Instagram of herself and boyfriend kissing.
PropellerAds
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-101756261-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');